Blue Wizard Digital is a growing video game studio located in Comox on Vancouver Island, BC.. Started in 2014 by PopCap founder Jason Kapalka, we have a great team of people working hard on various games for web, mobile, console and PC, including Shell Shockers, Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle, Slayaway Camp, and many more.
We are seeking a skilled programmer to work with us to maintain our growing portfolio of mobile titles. Our ideal candidate has extensive mobile game experience, particularly within the Unity3D Engine, with a broad understanding of third-party feature integrations like in-app purchases, subscriptions, in-app advertising, analytics, push notifications and other mobile-centric functionality.
We are looking for someone who can embrace our established codebases and keep our mobile games optimized, maintained, and up-to-date with the latest Android / iOS changes and third-party SDKs.
- Maintain a consistent knowledge of the latest Android SDK and iOS SDK releases, features, and bugs.
- Maintain an understanding of the relationship and compatibility between Android / iOS SDKs, third-party SDKs (IronSource, Firebase, Facebook, Unity Purchasing, etc) and various versions of the Unity Editor.
- Clearly document, communicate, and help plan the implementation of necessary upgrades to our mobile game portfolio.
- Build and deliver test versions of each game to our QA team for review.
- Work closely with the QA team to review bugs and create fixes to work towards final releases.
- Closely monitor crash rates, ANR (Application Not Responding) issues, and other potential issues with the live games using the Google Play and Apple App Store dashboards.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Help to maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
3+ years with F2P mobile application development and ad integrations within Unity.
- C# / Unity Programming Experience preferred
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Someone who can work independently to solve problems, but who can communicate clearly and efficiently with the team and third-party support teams
- Extensive past experience with mobile game development, maintenance, and optimizations on both iOS and Android
- The patience and intestinal fortitude to work with pre-existing code
- Experience with code versioning tools, especially GitHub
- Experience with third-party Integrations. Examples include:
- Native Mobile Functionality (Achievements, Leaderboards, Cloud Save, etc)
- IAP integrations through XSolla, Unity Purchasing, etc.
- Analytics Platforms like Unity Analytics, Firebase Analytics, Google Analytics, Amplitude, DeltaDNA
- Ad integrations, especially via IronSource
- A somewhat morbid and unhealthy sense of humour is recommended
Full Time Remote with potential return to in-studio work post Covid-19.
Negotiable depending on level of experience.
Our office is located right on the waterfront of the beautiful small town of Comox, on the northern half of Vancouver Island. Click here to learn more about Comox, and here to learn about the Comox Valley. Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are currently operating with a remote work scenario involving daily status updates, regular weekly video conferences and tight, responsive communication during normal business hours via platforms like Slack, email and Voice / Video conference. While we would prefer candidates who are within British Columbia, we would consider working remotely with a candidate living and working in another part of Canada. We are not looking for candidates outside of Canada at this time.
Our ideal candidate could start immediately.
After more than a decade of making gems clink and pegs… peggle, PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka (Bejeweled, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies) founded Blue Wizard Digital in 2014 to provide an outlet for ten years of pent-up violence and lust, with the goal of creating the sexiest, violentest games ever released on mobile, PC, and console platforms. A cabal of degenerates soon shambled from their swampy dens to join this unholy crusade.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to with a current CV to apply for this position!