SENIOR GAME PROGRAMMER
Blue Wizard Digital, a small game studio in Comox, BC, is seeking an experienced C# programmer to develop games for various target platforms (desktop & mobile) based on the Unity framework. Primary responsibilities will be to work with and extend an established codebase to translate ideas, concepts, and requirements into a functional and engaging game. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential.
Our office is located right on the waterfront of the beautiful small town of Comox, on the northern half of Vancouver Island. Click here to learn more about Comox, and here to learn about the Comox Valley. We would strongly prefer candidates who are local to the valley or willing to relocate. We understand that relocation can be a challenge and would be willing to extend consideration to the greater Vancouver area, as semi-regular commutes via ferry or floatplane are possible, in addition to some telecommuting. Fully remote workers are not preferred at this time, as intensive collaboration will be required.
The Senior Game Programmer’s tasks include:
- Implementing game functionality as per communicated design
- Communicating with other team members to establish effective pipelines and integrate media assets
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to address and mitigate these problems
- Helping to maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Strong understanding of object-oriented C# programming
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, scene management, and Unity GUI
- Some familiarity with level design and planning
- Experience with game physics and particle systems
- Experience with mobile game development & optimizations (iOS and Android)
- The patience and intestinal fortitude to work with pre-existing code
- Some experience with ad delivery platforms / APIs
- Experience optimizing memory and space usage for support of older hardware
- A desire to learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies
- Experience with code versioning tools, especially GitHub
- Experience with third-party Integrations
- Stan’s Assets (Native Mobile Functionality)
- Unity IAP
- Analytics Platforms
- Familiarity with Unity’s animation and audio systems
- A somewhat morbid and unhealthy sense of humour
After more than a decade of making gems clink and pegs… peggle, PopCap co-founder Jason Kapalka (Bejeweled, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies) founded Blue Wizard Digital in 2015 to provide an outlet for ten years of pent-up violence and lust, with the goal of creating the sexiest violentest games ever released on mobile, PC and console platforms. A cabal of degenerates soon shambled from their swampy dens to join this unholy crusade.
Nestled snugly in the bosom of the Comox Valley on beautiful Vancouver Island, BC, the first game to be released from the Canadian Blue Wizard team was hyper-violent 80’s slasher puzzle game: Slayaway Camp. Releasing first on Steam and then on iOS and Android, Slayaway Camp has shattered the minds of countless players and press personalities.
(Coming soon: terrorize the galaxy for fun and profit with Space Tyrant—www.spacetyrantgame.com, our face-melting strategy title, arriving on Steam Early Access on July 19!)
Contact email@example.com to with a current CV, or use the form below to apply for this position!